Other Major Vehicle Component Oil Changes
Available for service while you wait at Dave Sinclair Ford
Contaminated or worn out oils cause breakdowns and repair/replacements of expensive components.
The schedule on which your fluids will need to be changed is determined by:
- Year & Model of the vehicle
- Operating Conditions such as:
- Dusty conditions
- High speed travel for long distances
- High frequency of travel under 30mph
- High or low ambient temperatures
- Load carrying
- Idling frequency
- High periods of stop and go driving
- Mileage or running hours since your last component oil change.
- Time between specific component oil changes
- Compenent type:
- Power Steering
- Rear Differential
- Front Differential
- Transfer Case
Regular changing of the above oils will maximize performance, fuel economy, and reliability. While some driving patterns may need more, and some factory schedules may vary, a safe and conservative long term cost effective approach for most drivers would be:
- Consider the potential cost of major repairs and breakdowns in your decisions. (A minor cost now safes a major cost later.)
- Consider early oil changes, oil changes before long trips or heavy use.
- Every 30,000 miles have a professional technician check your transmission oil.
- Models prior to 2008 routinely call for replacement at 30,000 mile increments
- Transmission replacements can cost thousands of dollars!
- Every 50,000 miles have a professional technician check your brake and power steering fluids. Safety has NO cost/benetfit forumla
- Every 60,000 miles have a professional technician check your differential and transfer case oils. Repairing these components can cost thousands of dollars.
Oil Change or Fluid Flush Special
|$10 OFF||$10 off any oil change or Brake, Transmission, Differential, Transfer Case or Steering fluid flush service.|