Motorcraft Engine Oil & Filter Schedules
Schedules are dependent on driving conditions, engine type, and year. Severe conditions are caused by towing, heavy stop and go, long trips at high speed, excessive heat or cold, carrying loads, excessive idling, running in dusty conditions,, using biodiesel, or excessive short trips or running under 25 mph. Many customers use a more severe schedule than they think do. Oil filters should ALWAYS be changed when the oil is changed.
- Prior to 2008—Every 5,000 miles or every 6 months—Normal Driving
Every 3,000 miles or every 3 months –Severe Driving
- 2008 & beyond---Every 7,500 miles or every 6 months—Normal Driving
Every 5,000 miles or every 3 months—Severe Driving
Due to customer’s average driving habits and the difficulty in identifying when you need an oil change in your busy lives SINCLAIR RECOMMENDS A 5,000 MILE OR 6 MONTH SCHEDULE and consultation with the advisor about their driving habits and needs.
- 7.3L —Every 5,000 miles or every 6 months—Normal Driving
Every 3,000 miles or every 3 months—Severe Driving
- 6.0L —Every 7,500 miles or 6 months—Normal Driving
-Every 5,000 miles or 200 running hours---Severe Driving
- 6.4L --Every 10,000 miles or 6 months hours—Normal Driving
Every 5,000 miles or 200 running hours--Severe Driving
- 4.5L --Every 7.500 miles or 6 months—Normal Driving
Every 5,000 miles or 200 running hours—Severe Driving
Since most customers’ diesel vehicles are used in a way to match Severe Duty Schedules SINCLAIR RECOMMENDS a 5,000 MILE or 200 running hour schedule.
- Every 10,000 miles or six(6) months for Normal
- Every 5,000 miles or six (6) months for Severe
SINCLAIR RECOMMENDS a 10,000 MILE OR 6 MONTH SCHEDULE and consultation with the advisor about their driving habits.