How To Deal With Emergency Situations
Any emergency situation can be a stressful and hectic experience. Knowing what to do when your vehicle fails or a collision occurs can help you handle the situation and get back on the road as soon as possible. Below are some tips to help you through these situations.
If Vehicle Fails While Driving
- Make sure that you, and your passengers are safe & uninjured.
- Trigger the hazard flashers as soon as possible.
- Get all passengers out of the vehicle onto the side of the road and away from traffic.
- Get the vehicle to the right side of the road or onto the shoulder if it is possible to do so safely. If you can't get your car off the road safely, open the trunk to let oncoming drivers know you have a problem.
- Determine if you can safely exit the vehicle. Do NOT stand in the road. Watch for traffic both ways when exiting.
- If you have injuries or are stuck in the middle of the road, call 911.
If Your Vehicle Failure is Not a Collision & You Are Under a Ford Warranty
- Ford Base Warranty
- Ford Extended Warranty
- Ford Powertrain
- Ford Parts Warranty
Call Ford Roadside Assistance at 1-800-241-3673
Ford will send a tow truck which can provide: flat tire change, battery jumps on site, retrieve fuel if you are out of fuel, and assist you if you are locked out of your vehicle. Within 35 miles, they will tow you here as necessary. If you are in St. Charles County, and beyond that distance, call us or ask to be taken to our Lincoln Mercury dealership in St. Peters. if you are within 50 miles of us, ask them to still bring the vehicle to us or have them call us. If you are out of town, they will tow you to the nearest Ford or Lincoln dealer. Your Ford warranty is good Nationwide. Call us if you have problems.
If You Have Had a Collision or Accident
Ask any tow truck company to bring it to Dave Sinclair Ford's Collision Center
Dave Sinclair Ford
7466 S. Lindbergh
St. Louis, MO 63125
We Are Fully Certified & Repair All Makes & Models
If You Are In Town And Need A Pay Tow or Have C.N.A. Extended Warranty
Call Morelli's Towing at 314-894-3250, your local tow company or Dave Sinclair Ford to assist you. If you are out of town, with C.N.A., call C.N.A. at 1-800-722-4758 or you can call directory assistance for a local tow company. C.N.A. will pay via credit card nationwide on your needed covered repairs.